Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect - DHCP

Lance Wendel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When my client use AnyConnect Version 3.1.05187 and connect in some case they get the right subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and other times they get a 255.0.0.0 mask even though the DHCP server is configured to send /24 (this issue has been seen on an external windows server as well as on the firewall). however when it gives the /8 mask it also gives a incorrect default gateway

What is really weird is sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes not at to pinpoint the issue customer removed the possibility of it being two different servers by allowing the firewall to provide the DHCP address itself with the same results.

When client connect to other firewalls on different versions they do not experience this issue ( the correct mask is given and received each time).
they are running on 9.2(1) and and AC is
I was not able to find any reported bug on the Cisco bug tool, anyone has any idea why this is happing only on this version?

thanks a lot

regards,

Lancellot

3 Replies 3

Jeet Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it possible for you to paste the configuration related to the VPN?

How are you assigning the IP address to the user? Through a DHCP server or through a VPN pool configured on the ASA? If it is through a local pool configured on the ASA then please send me the output of "wh run ip local pool"

I will get back to you once i have the above information.

Thanks

Jeet Kumar

Hi Jeet,

this was done on the external server as well as on the ASA (behaviour are the same), please bear with me, I will get the information.

regards,

Lance

Sure i will wait for the configuration and try my best to help you out.

Thanks

Jeet Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: