Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect drop-down is empty

Martin Kyrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

anyconnect is not caching/saving connection profiles locally. drop-down list is empty. in other words, %ProgramData%\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile has no profile.xml files. I tried reinstall anyconnect, without solution.

sw: anyconnect - 3.1.06073, windows 8.1 x64

thanks for help,

martin

4 Replies 4

JKlug73225
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed the Linux Version 4.7.04056 and it always has an empty dropdown, despite signing on and off repeatedly.  It does seem to remember the user-id.

The system name is recorded in .anyconnect:

<DefaultHostName>vpn.[myhost].com</DefaultHostName>

but is ignored.

Hi,

You need to also push the AnyConnect XML configuration profile, in order to set its underneath functionalities and have the drop-down pre-populated. Otherwise it's just a cache, which disappears. Look in the configuration guide for "Change Local Policy Parameters Manually", in order to make this changes manually:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect48/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-8/anyconnect-profile-editor.html

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

I looked at this again. The doc really does not give the field names, other than to call it a hostname. There is mention of an editor, but not what the editor file name is called, or how to get the editor. There is no doc for the format of the XML files, or exactly which XML file should contain this hostname.

>AnyConnect Profile Editor, Server List
>You can configure a list of servers that appear in the client GUI. Users can select servers in the list to establish a VPN connection.
>Server List Table Columns:
> Hostname—The alias used to refer to the host, IP address, or Full-Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).

Which file, what is its format? Or where do I find an Anyconnect Profile Editor?

The fact remains that this does not seem to be a problem for Windows, only Linux. As Windows seems to keep the hostname just fine.

There is a file in both Windows and Linux called preferences_global.xml, and in Linux called .anyconnect_global. In both it does contain the correct DefaultHostName, even after a reboot, but it does not appear in the drop down of the client in Linux.

Hi,

The profile should be stored in the /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile path. Have you looked in there?

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: