Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Essential demo license

luumanioro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need some advice in regards AnyConnect demo license. I enrolled today for AnyConnect Essential/Premium demo license however after activation I'm not able to enable AnyConnect Essential and Premium demo seems to be activated. I thought that with demo Essential/Premium license I can switch between them. I need Essential to test AnyConnect client deployments with two factor authentication from Duo Security.

Do I need to reload my two ASA5510 after new demo key is added?

Regards,

Luu Manioro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot have both together on a firewall

You'll have to get another key, activate the essential license and reload the firewall

Regards,

Puneesh

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi luumanioro, 

The Anyconnect premium already covers the Anyconnect essential , you should not have any issue to connect as long as you have one of the 2 licenses enabled. 

A "show activation-key"  and "show vpn-sessiondb  summary"will help you to determine if they are enabled or not. 

As well if you want to deactivate the premium license and keep only the essential , you can place the following configuration

Webvpn

Anyconnect-essentials

Hope it helps

- Randy -

Hi Randy,

I've tried already anyconnect-essentials command and I got the following error:
ERROR: Command requires AnyConnect Essentials license

As per above I've also checked activation keys and vpn sessiondb summary. I have one permanent key and timebased key (demo key) both keys are activated.

sh activation-key
Serial Number:  JMXXXXXXXX2
Running Permanent Activation Key: xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx
Running Timebased Activation Key: xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Active : Cumulative : Peak Concur : Inactive
                             ----------------------------------------------
AnyConnect Client            :      0 :         21 :           4 :        0
  SSL/TLS/DTLS               :      0 :         21 :           4 :        0
Clientless VPN               :      1 :         15 :           2
  Browser                    :      1 :         15 :           2
IKEv1 IPsec/L2TP IPsec       :      0 :        264 :           7

I know that premium license already covers anyconnect essential but I need to enable essential to check our two factor authentication solution for anyconnect vpn.

Regards,

Luu Manioro

You cannot have both together on a firewall

You'll have to get another key, activate the essential license and reload the firewall

Regards,

Puneesh

Please rate helpful posts

The included two user AnyConnect Premium key cannot be used to switch on AnyConnect Essentials.

I don't believe there's a demo license offered for Essentials. It's inexpensive enough that it can be easily purchased.

Be advised that both Essentials and Premium are being replaced with Plus and Apex term-based licenses. These are the types that should be used going forward. A 25-user 1 year license for AnyConnect Plus is only US$25 list price.