cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect for Samsung Devices

Kevin DeMott
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have any input on why my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will not install the Anyconnect for Samsung Devices client from the Android market?

4 Replies 4

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

How does it fail exactly? What error message do you get?

Have you installed Samsung's "TouchWiz" upgrade? If not, please install that first.

Also note that only Android versions issued by Samsung and by Cellular providers are supported.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect24/android-user/guide/android-acug.html#wp191945

hth

Herbert

Hi Hebaerte,

It downloads and then when it automatically installs, it  says:

Samsung (

Installation Unsuccessful.

This is a Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 with the latest TouchWiz version.  I noticed today this is a new or renamed version of Anyconnect but it still does not work.  The previous version on the Android market was "Anyconnect for Samsung Devices".

Thanks, for your help.

KD

KD

the only thing I can think of right now is that there appear to be different variants of TouchWiz - Touchwiz UX (not working) and Touchwiz MR (should be working) ?

Herbert

Herbert,

You are correct.  after talking with Level 3 Samsung Tech Support, the Verizon LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 does not have the latest TouchWiz update.  They are not sure when Verizon version will make it available.  We'll need to wait until then.

Thanks,

KevinD