cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect: How do I safely use it for two separate VPN accounts?

barbpassman
Level 1
Level 1

appreciate advice

Already have Cisco AnyConnect installed  on my MacBookPRO and configured to access my workstation in my office.

Another organization wants me to use a VPN to its database. The IT guy from the second organization provided a  URL from the organization to install Cisco AnyConnect  for the organization's VPN>

I am afraid to allow this second install of Cisco AnyConnect

Will it overwrite the setting , setup for my employment related connection?

AnyConnect ,when I launch it shows the vpn address for my employer.

If have not found anywhere in the preferences where I could list a second vpn address.

I made a copy of the Cisco AnyConnect application I have installed on my Mac .

But when I launch it, my work related VPN address shows up so clearly there is one preference somewhere in my system library to which all copies of AnyConnect will connect.

I erased my work vpn address from the address window  in the AnyConnect window.

Typed in the VPN address for the second organization and logged ( although I did not connect to the  new VPN)

When I quit Cisco and logged in again, my employment related VPN showed up in the window but I had to to click to agree to the Certificate- something I have not had do do when I only used one VPN addrsss.

So, what do i do so that Cisco will let me, at separate times, log into both VPN addresses without messing up my access?

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On OS X your AnyConnect client profile should be installed in /opt/cisco/vpn/profile. Depending on how your employer set it up, there could be a signed certificate that you were already set up to trust installed. Logging into a second VPN that once could have replaced that original certificate and thus when you went back to your work profile, you needed to trust it once more.

You should be able to switch back and forth via manually overriding the primary address as you describe having done already. It shouldn't normally adversely affect your primary VPN profile. You will only be able to log into one at any given time.

Hope this helps.

Thank you But since the second VPN certificate is loaded in VPN 3, I do

not connect via the VPN 2 version ( Any/Connect) which I have installed

on my computer

I tried doing what you describe and the software keeps trying to connect

and never establishes that Connection is successful

Sincerely

Barbara P

Barbara N. Passman LCSW, ACSW

Senior Social Worker

Outpatient Adult Services

University of Chicago Medical Center

Office 773 702 1810 Facsiimile 773 702 9630

Pager 7619 External Page 773 215 6093

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.