Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect installation files

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

I am trying to install anyconnect for a customer through GPO, can you let me know if the below are correct

1. anyconnect-win-4.4.02034-core-vpn-predeploy-k9.msi --> This should be installed first & this provides the anyconnect secure mobility client
  2. anyconnect-win-4.4.02034-dart-predeploy-k9.msi --> This should be installed second & this provides the diagnostic functions
  3. anyconnect-win-4.4.02034-gina-predeploy-k9 --> This should be installed third & this provides integration with windows GINA
  4. anyconnect-win-4.4.02034-iseposture-predeploy-k9 --> This should be installed fourth & this provides the posture module
  5. anyconnect-win-4.4.02034-nam-predeploy-k9 --> This should installed 5th & this provides NAM funationality
  6. anyconnect-win-4.4.02034-posture-predeploy-k9 --> This should be installed 6th & required for VPN posture

I am not using AMP, NVM, umbrella

Regards

Nikhil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pcarco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Install the AnyConnect modules in the following order:
Install the AnyConnect core client module, which installs the GUI and VPN capability (both SSL and IPsec).
Install the AnyConnect Diagnostic and Reporting Tool (DART) module, which provides useful diagnostic information about the AnyConnect core client installation.
Install the SBL, Network Access Manager, Web Security, or Posture modules in any order.

Uninstall the AnyConnect modules in the following order:
Uninstall Network Access Manager, Web Security, Posture, or SBL, in any order.
Uninstall the AnyConnect core client.
Uninstall DART last.

Source:   Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Administrator Guide, Release 4.0 - Deploy AnyConnect [Cisco AnyConnect Secure M…

Best regards

Paul

howon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pcarco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Install the AnyConnect modules in the following order:
Install the AnyConnect core client module, which installs the GUI and VPN capability (both SSL and IPsec).
Install the AnyConnect Diagnostic and Reporting Tool (DART) module, which provides useful diagnostic information about the AnyConnect core client installation.
Install the SBL, Network Access Manager, Web Security, or Posture modules in any order.

Uninstall the AnyConnect modules in the following order:
Uninstall Network Access Manager, Web Security, Posture, or SBL, in any order.
Uninstall the AnyConnect core client.
Uninstall DART last.

Source:   Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Administrator Guide, Release 4.0 - Deploy AnyConnect [Cisco AnyConnect Secure M…

Best regards

Paul

howon

Paul,

Thanks for the reply, I have seen sometime when I push the files from GPO the network card in the PC hangs & installation is stuck.

Have you observed something like that

Regards

Nikhil

Thanks again Paul..once I changed the order no more issues observed

Regards

Nikhil

Sorry for the delay... Glad to hear you are all set.

Best regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: