Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

AnyConnect installation

peeriksson
Beginner
Beginner

Does anyone have a suggestion where to put the profile xml file in order to hav

e that incorporated as a part of installing the AnyConnect client?

//Peter

5 REPLIES 5

guru_ganesha
Beginner
Beginner

Which OS?

It should go wherever AnyConnectProfile.xsd lives which on Win 7 is C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile.

We are talking about Windows 7and I'm looking for a way to have th

e profiles included as a part of the installation.

Hi Peter

Did you find the answer?

I am having the same issue.

As instructed in the Admin Guide - I have tried extracting the ISO image to a local drive then adding the profile.xml to \anyconnect-win-3.0.1047-pre-deploy-k9\Profiles\nam\profile.xml. I then run the Setup from this location. The result is that the profile is installed in \ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Network Access Manager\newConfigFiles.  However the profile is ignored.....

I can not get the client to show the networks configured in the profile.xml.

There must be something I am missing?

Hello!

No good answers right now..... I tried to put the file in different places with no success.

I will update this post when I have more information

//Peter

I ran Procmon (from Microsoft Sysinternals) against the Anyconnect 3.0 client while restarting the Anyconnect services and noti

ced two things. First, the application does a query against the VPN profile directory for *.xml. Thus any file name .xml would work for the VPN profile name as indicated in the documentation.

Secondly, the NAM configuration is looking specifically for a file called configuration.xml. This worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links