Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Internal DNS issue for FTD/FMC

riderfaiz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all doing well and stay safe at home.

This is my first time to set up Anyconnect with FMC/FTD. So far it seems my configuration works but with one problem I can see.

I  used "REALM" so users can sign on by using their Active Directory accounts. However, the users can only access the servers by their IP but not the names.

In the GROUP POLICY, I did put in my internal DNS (objects with correct ip) there.  So what else do I miss?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Takami Chiro

5 Replies 5

Hi,
Are the DNS servers listed when you run "ipconfig /all" (assuming your clients are windows)?
Did you do define the "Default Domain" under the group policy?

HTH

In my case not all Group policies have the problem.   Group policy is assigned via Radius, and I had to create a new one for plant access.  The setup for DNS servers, and default domain is identical to the STDEMPMPLOYE policy but the user cannot access a SQL database  unless they  type in a fully qualified name, and cannot access a share on an AD server without an IP address.

Hi thank you for replying to me.

when i do ipconfig /all, i can see my internal dns. When i do nslookup it points to my internal server... but if i tried to type in server1 or server1.mydomain.com it replied request time out.

besides my default domain there Is set w my active directory domain, mydomain.com

so what is the problem?

thank you

Are you doing split tunnel or tunnel all? If split tunnel, is the address of the internal DNS server included in the tunneled networks?

In both cases does the internal DNS server know how (via its gateway of course) to reach the subnet of your VPN clients?

Hi Marvin

thank you for your response. Yes i used split tunnel and only private networks in the tunnel. (I do not want End user home internet using the vpn)

for the second part...  In my case my vpn address pool is 10.10.10.1-128/24 and my lan is 10.10.x.x /23... May I ask if i need to add some settings or route for that? If so where should I add to?

Thank you for your help!

Takami Chiro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: