cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect License on CSR1000v Needed?

Justin Westover
Level 1
Level 1

I know the procedure to setup Anyconnect on the CSR1000v but I don't know if I need to purchase an Anyconnect Plus/Apex license. The CSR is already licensed for AX so I know it supports Anyconnect.

When I look at https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12470701/configure-sslvpn-cisco-cloud-services-router-1000vcsr1000v, there's some wording that makes me think I need a license. The below alludes to licensing being consumed based on active connections but there's no verbiage in the link above that says a specific license is required. This is the last piece of the puzzle I need to figure out. 

Rarely a few sessions which do not have active connections may appear to be consuming licenses. This typically denotes that this is a transition state and the session will get expired soon.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would ideally need to purchase Anyconnect Plus or Apex license to have authorization to download and use Anyconnect 4.x for the number of users in your environment. AFAIK, there is no separate license key that needs to be added to the CSR for it to be able to support Anyconnect, the Security license should cover that.

Following is an excerpt from the Anyconnect FAQ:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html

PAK registration is specific to the ASA 5500/5500-X and does not happen for the ASAv, Firepower or Cisco ISR / ASR / CSR 1000V VPN head-ends, however the contract registration still needs to be completed in order to enable software download access and receive tech support.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know the answer for this specific platform but usually you get a small number of "demo" licences (often 2), and then you need to buy a licence to expand that.

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would ideally need to purchase Anyconnect Plus or Apex license to have authorization to download and use Anyconnect 4.x for the number of users in your environment. AFAIK, there is no separate license key that needs to be added to the CSR for it to be able to support Anyconnect, the Security license should cover that.

Following is an excerpt from the Anyconnect FAQ:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/200191-AnyConnect-Licensing-Frequently-Asked-Qu.html

PAK registration is specific to the ASA 5500/5500-X and does not happen for the ASAv, Firepower or Cisco ISR / ASR / CSR 1000V VPN head-ends, however the contract registration still needs to be completed in order to enable software download access and receive tech support.

Funny, I read that same excerpt before I posted here and I guess I glazed over that fact. Thanks Rahul. 

How does one complete the contract registration?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: