Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Mac client prompts to export Apple ID Auth key from keychain

MauryJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Recently I deployed AnyConnect client 4.7.02036 to our users.  One of our Mac users, running Mojave, who received the update, started getting this prompt when connected:

Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client wants to export key "Apple ID Authentication (date/time)" from your keychain.

Always Allow/Deny/Allow

If we select Deny, it will go ahead and connect.  But I don't know why the AC client would be prompting for this.  I tried the update on another Mac and do not get the prompt.  Though that machine has an older Mac OS on it.   I haven't heard from any other Mac users -- perhaps they did get the prompt and just click allow.

Does anyone know if this prompt is normal and expected behavior, such as after an update?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

I don't see any updates posted to this thread, is there a solution?

I ended up rolling back to v4.6 of the AnyConnect for Mac client to work around it.

Resetting the keychain corrected the issue for this workstation.

Just a heads up for anyone else, that we tried resetting the keychain for one user this was affecting, and it caused problems with certain Microsoft Office features afterward, that we were not able to resolve without reinstalling Office.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: