Views
Helpful
Replies

[AnyConnect] MSI installation failed on Windows 7

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried to install AnyConnect on Windows 7.

I used anyconnect msi.

I got this error:

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action VACon_Install, location: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\VACon.exe, command: -install "C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\vpnva.inf" VPNVA"

I tried Cisco FAQ solution but it doesn't work : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps8411/products_qanda_item09186a00809aec31.shtml#errmsgs

I found the cause of the error in C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

I got this error: "NdisCoinst: NcipAllocateNetLuidIndex failed with error 0x5aa"

The entire log is attached to this discussion.

How can I fix it?

Thanks for your help,

Patrick

116 Replies 116

leihou5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick

I encountered the same problem. Would you please send me the fix at leihou5@gmail.com. Really appreciate that.

Best,

Lei

I am seeing this exact same issue on WIndows 10 1703 with Cisco AnyConnect 4.5.  However, my log shows  Error 1460: This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
ndv: Installing NULL driver. Anyone seen this?

Can you send the fix to tilo.harder@bluewin.ch

Thank you

Can you send the fix to hrsoares@outlook.com

liboucher
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

I'm also having this exact same problem, and am very interested in the fix... Can you please send me it to mamenard@retis.fr
Thanks

JPG
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. Can you send me the fix at hsinhsong@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Hi,

I resolved this issue by download AnyConnect directly from Cisco instead by accessing the IP from ASA. Download this:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286281283&flowid=72322&softwareid=282364313&release=4.6.00362&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

anyconnect-win-4.6.00362-predeploy-k9.zip

There's a menu asking which application you want to install,choose the first one and click to install. It worked for me.

it wont't let me download :(

registered as a customer but the verification code doesn't arrive on my cellphone.

Hi, can you send fix by mail  ?

laurent.becret@gmail.com

Thanks

Hi All,

I was able to fix this issue. Steps I did

1. Uninstalled Anti virus scanner. ( Depends on what scanner your organization use)

2. Removed Old registries for VPN

3. Removed the old folders related to this VPN.

4. Re installed the VPN and it worked fine.

kadgiokay
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Patrick,
Pls send fix to ebimiere@gmail.com.

Thank you

Kindly send me the fix to adil.techie@gmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: