Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect plus subscripción or perpetual

lmediavilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I have a qeustion

For Anyconnect plus licence L-AC-PLS-LIC= I need to count all possible authized users.
How do the license counts users if I authenticate the users against a radius?

regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't know hoy many users I have that can connect, local users + ad users...

That's a problem that you have to solve ... The licensing doesn't change the way the ASA handles VPN-connections. Counting different authenticated users doesn't help as one user is allowed to have more than one simultaneous connection (for example mobile, tablet, PC) and still only counts as one licensed user.

If you can't figure out how many different users are using AnyConnect, then you can use the employee-count if you know that all users have to use VPN from time to time or you can use an assumption based on user count of departments that use VPN.

If you still can't figure out how many users there are and you don't have many VPN-gateways, then there is also the VPN-Only license which is not based on user count but on simultaneous connections to the ASA.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Licensing is independent of the way users are authenticated. It doesn't matter if you use RADIUS, LDAP, LOCAL or whatever identity-store you want. Only the amount of users (beating hearts) matter.

How does it count the user base?

regards

You count the users, not the system. The licensing is (at least at the moment) based on a trust-model.

I don't understand, if I have an AAA policy that allows certain AD group to connect does it count every user connecting to the vpn?
Its important in order to calculate the license to purchase.

That's a problem that you have to solve ... The licensing doesn't change the way the ASA handles VPN-connections. Counting different authenticated users doesn't help as one user is allowed to have more than one simultaneous connection (for example mobile, tablet, PC) and still only counts as one licensed user.

If you can't figure out how many different users are using AnyConnect, then you can use the employee-count if you know that all users have to use VPN from time to time or you can use an assumption based on user count of departments that use VPN.

If you still can't figure out how many users there are and you don't have many VPN-gateways, then there is also the VPN-Only license which is not based on user count but on simultaneous connections to the ASA.