cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect - SDK

kennethgrande
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if Cisco has an AnyConnect SDK for IOS?

Alternatively; Any ideas on how to use AnyConnect on iPad/iPhone with smartcard certificate during authentication?

Scenario:

I have an iPad/iPhone with smartcard reader, i want to use the certificate from the smartcard during authentication (like i do on pc/mac).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kenneth,

We do offer API for MAC/Linux/Windowsm, but due to restricions (from what I understand is licensing on Apple side) we cannot prvoide those for iOS devices.

The rest of APIs are avilable in download section of Anyconnect.

M.

edit: removed some of the typos.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kenneth,

We do offer API for MAC/Linux/Windowsm, but due to restricions (from what I understand is licensing on Apple side) we cannot prvoide those for iOS devices.

The rest of APIs are avilable in download section of Anyconnect.

M.

edit: removed some of the typos.

Thank you for your reply Marcin.

Do you know if there are plans for Smartcard support in the IOS AnyConnect client? I would think that there are many governmental customers etc around the world having the need for this.

/K

K,

No, I have not found any indications that there are plans, but I'm not neccesarily the best person to be up to date on those things. I think you might want to ping your Cisco SE.

From my (limited) experience governments are still allergic to handhelds. The use is becoming more and more popular within financial institutions/services. However in all cases I saw instead of using smart cards the deployments were using centralized MDM deployments.

I.e. you not only want to know that someone connecting is allowed to do so (i.e has smart card and knows the password), they also want to control how their device behaves and what features/update level it has. On top MDM have the nice ability to push certificates to any/all users that might need it. And should the device be lost they can remotly wipe it (I have not seen this one in action but the use case seems pretty cool).

There are quite a few MDMs I saw working with Cisco applications, I think you will find your fair share should you google for it ;-)

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: