Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client - Error Message

mosh73orga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

some Users get the following Error Message when working with the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client 3.0: "A VPN reconnect resulted in different configuration settings. The VPN network interface is being re-initialized. Applications utilizing the private network may need to be restarted."

This messages appeares every 10 seconds. The Users can not work.

If the User work with an older Client the error the connection is OK.

ASA: 8.4(1)

Can anybody help?

regards

Michael

6 Replies 6

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

I had a look in our DB, I see several TAC cases open with similar symptoms. Did you open any of them?

Marcin

Hi Marcin,

thanks for your answer. I did not open an TAC-Case on the Problem, but nice to hear that I am not the only one with the problem.

I think the problem will be solved in the next release of the client, didn't it?

But I have another strange Message. Since I use ASA 8.4.1 I get the following message from the ASA in regular intervals.

%ASA-1-713900: Unable to contruct xauth message, no message

My Problem is that the Syslog-Message is not documentet, so I dont't if it is a serious configuration error and what I have to do.

Ignore it?

Michael

Michael,

Regarding the Anyconnect message, well I cannot gurantee to you that it's the same root cause. You might want to consider opening a TAC case and attach at least a DART bundle collected after failure.

Regarding the message, wellll there have been known a few strange reasons for it:

Check bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte55834

I don't believe this is the one you're hitting.

Normally those can be safely ignored but for consistency and clarity of logging I would open up a TAC case ;-)

Marcin

Marcin,

Regarding the sylog-message. It is the the same as described in the bug. So thanks for this. I will ignore it...

Regarding the Anyconnect message I will open a TAC case...

Thanks for your help

Michael

Hello, Marcin, I have exactly the same error message and behaviour as OP, does cisco has any workaround for this? It's very annoying for users.

Misha,

There might be multiple root causes, so it's hard to give one solution.

In one of the cases they removed particular registry key (

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interf
aces\{30958EFD-4980-4D6C-9CAE-87F60A41DD96} )
which seemes to resolve the prolem.

I don't believe there are any current bugs on our side for this behavior, that's why investigating via TAC could the the best option.

Marcin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: