Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client

Rao Guduru
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I configured my AnyConnect on ASA 5520 but its only limited to 2 sessions. I couldn't find what license I need to buy. I know its a easy question but just want to confirm.

Mfg Part # L-ASA-AC-E-5520

This is what I thought I need but not sure. When I look at the description it doesn't say it works on Client Less SSL.

I need both AnyConnect and ClientLess SSL to work.

Thanks

RG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The part number you mentioned is for AnyConnect Essentials. It will allow remote access VPN clients using AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client software up to the limit of the ASA's hardware capability (250 in your case) 

Clientless SSL VPN requires AnyConnect Premium licensing. That is sold in tiers, allowing a certain number of remote access users to connect (either client-based or clientless). For the ASA 5520 you would need L-ASA-SSL-10, L-ASA-SSL-25, L-ASA-SSL-50, L-ASA-SSL-100 or L-ASA-SSL-250 depending on the number of concurrent users you want to have licensed. (There are also upgrade part numbers to move from one level to the next.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The part number you mentioned is for AnyConnect Essentials. It will allow remote access VPN clients using AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client software up to the limit of the ASA's hardware capability (250 in your case) 

Clientless SSL VPN requires AnyConnect Premium licensing. That is sold in tiers, allowing a certain number of remote access users to connect (either client-based or clientless). For the ASA 5520 you would need L-ASA-SSL-10, L-ASA-SSL-25, L-ASA-SSL-50, L-ASA-SSL-100 or L-ASA-SSL-250 depending on the number of concurrent users you want to have licensed. (There are also upgrade part numbers to move from one level to the next.)