Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect SSL VPN with SAML SSO: Failed to consume SAML assertion

lukaszhar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have asa 5506-x and I configureted VPN with Azure SSO in my network but I have problem with that. 

Between public IP address and ASA I have gateway ( mikrotik ) so I had to configure forwarding. To do this i changed ssl port on ASA to 4443 from 443. 

lukaszhar_2-1670237891962.png

lukaszhar_0-1670237673372.png

lukaszhar_1-1670237734811.png

When I chose login, I get communicat from ASA's syslog: 

lukaszhar_0-1670233888866.png

From devops tools when I try to login to web anyconnect: 

Failed to generate SAML AuthnReque

status code http 303

Debug webvpn saml 255 :

asa.png

All configuration I prepared with instruction: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/anyconnect-secure-mobility-client/215935-configure-asa-anyconnect-vpn-with-micros.html

lukaszhar_3-1670238010226.png

lukaszhar_0-1670238708121.pnglukaszhar_1-1670238780447.png

lukaszhar_2-1670238849606.png

Anyone can help me where is the problem ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did find solution. I had to upgrade software.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @lukaszhar,

Given that you've changed your HTTP port from default 443, to non-standard 4443, you need to change that everywhere where your ASA FQDN is appearing:

• I believe your base-url under webvpn should remain without additional port (if still not working you can try modifying tis part too)
  • I believe you'll need to modify Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL) on Azure App to something like https://vpn.domain.com:4443/+CSCOE+/saml/sp/acs?tgname=TG_NAME, where you'll need to include your non-standard port. Otherwise, Azure is still sending SAML assertion to default HTTPS port, and it never reaches to your ASA.

Kind regards,

Milos

Yes, I did this in this way.

lukaszhar_0-1670310161309.png

Responce is coming to ASA because i did forwarding from 443 to 4443. So if ID provider send responce to 443 my gateway forward it to 4443. In my opinion. Am I wrong ?

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe Entity ID will have to be without 4443. This connection is initiated by ASA, and will originate from base-url, and it represents on how Azure sees incoming requests from ASA.

For Reply URL, yes, this is what I had in mind. Given that ASAs Web port is now 4443, it expects traffic to come on 4443. However, I'm not sure that I fully understand what you did ith port forwarding. I assumed you've just forwarded port 4443 from your Mtik to ASA? Azure needs to forward packet to 4443, and ASA needs to see that packet comming on 4443, so no room for standard 443 anymore.

Kind regards,

Milos

i check it

I got this effect:

1.png

2.png

  

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Given that there are multiple redirections with SSO, I can't really know for what service exactly you are getting this warning. You need to understand that based on FQDN inside URL, as well as from offered certificate.

Kind regards,

Milos

I repaired it and now i have the same problem and errors like before change port. could port forwarding be a problem ?

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Certificate errors don't usually have dependency from port, so I would doublt that port itself would be a root cause. However, as stated before, there are multiple redirections involved, so you'll need to understand for which FQDN/URL you are getting certificate warning (for login to ASA, for login to Azure, for redirection from Azure to ASA). From there on, you can proceed further with troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Milos

I did find solution. I had to upgrade software.