Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect VPN Client 3.0.4235 - Problem with Windows Installer Package

My laptop recently crashed due to a virus.  I've managed to clean up the damage and restore most functionality, but I am having problems with a Cisco Anyconnect VPN 3.0.4235.  It keeps telling me there is a "Problem with the installer package.  A program run as part of the setup did not install as expected".  This install is on a Windows 7 Enterprise machine, and I'm not really finding anything concrete to help  

I've also tried installing the same VPN on a couple of different virtual machines (one was XP and the other Windows Server 2008 R2).  In both cases I was able to install the client, but receive the following message when attempting to connect to a client:  "VPN Establishment Capability from a remote desktop is disabled.  A VPN Connection will not be established."  Per some of the previously writtent support cases, there is an XML file that can be edited to remedy this issue, however I am not finding it.

I'd appreciate any feedback that can be provided for either issue and look forward to a reply.  Thank you.

Jose

1 Reply 1

Hi Jose,

In regards to the following messge:

"VPN Establishment Capability from a remote desktop is disabled.  A VPN Connection will not be established." 

Please check this out:

Allow AnyConnect Session from an RDP Session for Windows Users

In the XML file:

AllowRemoteUsers

Make sure you have the profile uploaded to the ASA, so the client will be able to download it and use it.

On the other hand, have you tried with a previous or the latest AnyConnect version?

Thanks in advance.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: