Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect VPN - confused with licenses

Christian Jorge
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning

I'm very confused with a plenty of Anyconnect licenses available in market. I don't think I'm the only one, there are many sites regardingthis issue, but confusing more and more.

My question and personal issue: I have a firewall 5510, software 8.2(5)33, 768MB RAM.

I only need simple functions for Anyconnect - SSL/VPN for Anyconnect client, no Mobile, no browser, no Hostscan, etc.

Firewall presents every Anyconnect "disable" in "show ver", including Essentials. But permitting 2 SSL VPN peers.

1 - Does it mean that there's no licenses for using Anyconnect for many clients or it's only disable for configuration? Should I only enable in "webvpn configuration" ou buy new licenses?

2 - Which kind of license should I buy for using with clientes (for example, 250 users) ?

3 - Is there a document easy to understand for consulting all kind of licenses available?

Regards

Christian

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Christian-

The 5510 is limited to 250 Anyconnect users so that would be the max license to buy. If you know that you will have less concurrent users you can lower the license. AnyConnect is now subscription based (1, 3 or 5 yr). Assuming you want 250 users for 3 years, you would order AC-PLS-3YR-250-S.

You can change the part number to match what you need: AC-PLS-3YR-250-S

The red 3YR is the subscription length (options are 1,3,5)

The blue 250 is the user count (options are 25,50,100,250)

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

HTH

Collin, thanks for your reply

Based on your article I understand that now we have only Plus and Apex license, being Plus the minor (or usual) one.

And what about that "Anyconnect Essentials disabled" in "show ver". 

Understanding that it means that there's no licenses presented in my firewall, buying those new Plus licenses and activating those ones, my "show ver" would be upgraded (or refreshed) ?

Regards

Christian 

Correct, once the license is applied it should read Anyconnect Essentials: Enabled