Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Vpn Issues - OSX & Cisco IOS SSL VPN

nickrourke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a problem relating to the following -

Mac OSX 10.6.6 >>Anyconnect  2.3.2016 >>> Cisco 1861 12.2.24.T ( SSL IOS VPN )

The vpn is active and working and can terminate connections from a windows ( XP ) client , but when using with a Mac the following error is displayed...

[02/28/11 11:08] State:: Connecting
[02/28/11 11:08] Establishing VPN - Checking for updates...

then bombs out saying -

''AnyConnect package unavailable or corrupted. Contact your system administrator.''

I have found the following discussion , but cannot find any information relating to the fix !

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8670730#8670730

any help would be gratefully appreciated , as rapidly loosing faith

I have downgraded , upgraded and re-installed the Anyconnect client software a number of time.....

cheers

Nick

11 Replies 11

Have you tried a different client version? I am also using MAC and works great

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

yeah , tried all versions within the 2.3 train....and still no luck ....

nickrourke
Level 1
Level 1

sorry to bug but as there anyone out there who can help me :-(..in a dire posistion as im travelling to USA this weekend and need to have access whilst out there..:-(

I don't believe AnyConnect 2.3 is actually supported on MAC OSX 10.6.6.

Please upgrade your AnyConnect to version 2.5, as it does support MAC OSX 10.6.x.

Here is the release notes for AnyConnect version 2.5 for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect25/release/notes/anyconnect25rn.html#wp1068230

Hope that helps.

Hi , thanks for the information. i have been using the 2.3 client , as i believe that there was issues when using this client with self cert certificates. is this still the case with 2.5 ?

Nick

just installed 2.5.2019

and am now getting -

The AnyConnect package on the secure gateway could not be located. You may be experiencing network connectivity issues. Please try connecting again.

i know the VPN is up as its working for Windows clients....

Have you added the MAC version of the AnyConnect package (version 2.5.2019) onto the router and install it?

not yet no...

humour me - but do you have to upload it into the webvpn config on the router for each type of client you may have connecting to the rotuer / vpn headend ?

yes, you do.. that needs to be installed on the VPN headend.

and the file should be the corresponding web deployment .pkg file or the standalone ?

see extract below from software download

anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.5.2019-k9.dmg
Release Date: 15/FEB/2011
Standalone DMG package for Mac OS X "Intel" platforms.
Size: 4572.00 KB (4681728 bytes)

anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.5.2019-k9.pkg
Release Date: 15/FEB/2011
Web deployment package for Mac OS X "Intel" platforms.
Size: 6341.03 KB (6493211 bytes)

File to be uploaded to the vpn headend should be .pkg (in your case: anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.5.2019-k9.pkg)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: