Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN on iPad

chinyitee
Level 1
Level 1

dear all experts,

Need urgent help.

I have this AnyConnect that works perfect with Windows and now my MD would like to run it on iPad.

So i went to AppsStore and found the application called "AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" but failed to connect with the error message attached

Any clue ?

thanks in advance !

VPN error.jpg

VPN License.png

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ccsipaul01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I believe you need the AnyConnect for Mobile license.

It is a 1 time license for all mobile devices.

Thanks

Paul

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your ASA needs to have the AnyConnect for Mobile license added. It's ~USD100 price and the part number varies by which ASA model you have. See the data sheet here.

I'm guessing you have the 5505 so you would need part number L-ASA-AC-M-5505=

Browse to https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart (or www.cisco.com/go/license) and enter your PAK. That will get you an activation key. Then enter it on your ASA, either via ASDM or command line. The instructions are in the configuration guide here (CLI) and here (ASDM).

9 Replies 9

ccsipaul01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I believe you need the AnyConnect for Mobile license.

It is a 1 time license for all mobile devices.

Thanks

Paul

hey mate

my vendor says the price is per unit base

means if i would like to have 5 ipad login using AnyConnect VPN client then i would require 5 pcs of Mobile License.

is this true ?

thanks !

That is incorrect. Only one AnyConnect for Mobile license is required.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your ASA needs to have the AnyConnect for Mobile license added. It's ~USD100 price and the part number varies by which ASA model you have. See the data sheet here.

I'm guessing you have the 5505 so you would need part number L-ASA-AC-M-5505=

thanks guy, i got the PRODUCT AUTHORIZATION KEY now but how to enable/activate it ?

thanks !

Browse to https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart (or www.cisco.com/go/license) and enter your PAK. That will get you an activation key. Then enter it on your ASA, either via ASDM or command line. The instructions are in the configuration guide here (CLI) and here (ASDM).

thanks expert !! you are my savior !

the activation was done but i receive another error message while using my iphone loggin into the VPN

"VPN Server could not parse request"

any idea ?

thanks !

You're welcome.

The issue you are seeing now could be due to your password having a special character. Please see this thread for further description.

chinyitee
Level 1
Level 1

OK thanks for the advice

I will check with local Cisco disti.

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: