cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect VPN / SSL VPN

chevymannie
Level 1
Level 1

We just got a new ASA and implemented the clientless SSL VPN (WebVPN). It works great but for our clients with corporate laptops at remote locations who have outlook and other apps we have a problem. They need to be able to use outlook as if they were connected locally. I read about smart tunneling with the Webvpn and I guess I misunderstood it because I thought I could some tunnel those connections through the SSL session but I couldn't get it to work. My next option was the any connect VPN, but the problem there is the fact that you have to be a local admin to install it. I've been trying for a few days to figure out a way around this without giving users admin passwords but can't seem to figure it out. Has anyone figured out how to get either of these methods to work or have a suggestion other than it can't be done?

3 Replies 3

ryancolson
Level 1
Level 1

if you have some sort of remote support tool to access the machines, just log in and install the anyconnect package using "runas"

Thanks but not the solution I was looking for. We've decided to scrap the anyconnect vpn and continue to us the old vpn that is already installed. We're just going to instruct them to change the ip address.

From what I have read, smart tunnels nor portforwarding, neither work with MAPI/outlook/exchange. I honestly do not understand why cisco did not set it up to support this. One other option MIGHT be to use outlook anywhere/outlook over rpc/http. This would requier at minimum outlook/exchange both being 03

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: