Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect within GNS3

GVI_02
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I am setting up a GNS3 environment where I can do test but im running into a problem.

I have already made the templates for the ASAs and they work fine, mostly (a topic for another day). Today I uploaded ASDM, Hostscan and Anyconnect images. The ASDM and the Hostscan images work fine, they are enabled, everything is rainbows and firewalls. The Anyconnect image is another story. When I try to add the image under webvpn I get the following error - "extraction failed". I have tried this with different versions of anyconnect with different ASA versions. Nothing works. I am uploading the images through an FTP server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

GVI_02
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the problem. If anyone is having the same issue check the file size. It turned out that the FTP upload was stopping at 1/4 the size of the actual file. I caught this first by comparing the md5 checksum on the locally downloaded file and the one on the ASA using the "verify /md5 <filepath>" and on my local pc by using File Checksum Integrity Verifier on Windows.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

GVI_02
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the problem. If anyone is having the same issue check the file size. It turned out that the FTP upload was stopping at 1/4 the size of the actual file. I caught this first by comparing the md5 checksum on the locally downloaded file and the one on the ASA using the "verify /md5 <filepath>" and on my local pc by using File Checksum Integrity Verifier on Windows.