Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyFree VPN clients for ASA?

edwardre1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just purchased and setup a vpn on my ASA5505 and now I wish to setup a Windows VPN client to use it.

Does CISCO have any free vpn clients for Windows?

I tried to download a client from the CISCO downloads area, but it's for some kind of purchase agreement. I would have thought that the vpn client was free to download given my ASA comes with two free vpn licenses.

Or am I wrong?

Thank you

5 Replies 5

Parminder Sian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edward,

I guess the ASA comes with two free SSL vpn license, i.e you can terminate two SSL vpn clients on it. This license is not for free downloads.

Regards,

Sian

Hi Sian,

how do I go about purchasing a VPM client software for Wndows  ?

thanks

Pavel Pokorny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please make difference between IPsec and SSL VPN.

Your ASA comes with (if right bundle) number of IPsec clients (number depends of type of ASA - because of HW capabilities). And those 2 SSL vpn licences you mentioned are for testing purposes, not for production environment (I was told that by Cisco).

So, for IPsec client, just ask supplier (without proper account you're not able to download it for free from Cisco web) for providing client (for 32/64bit Windows).

For using SSL vpn, you have to buy SSL lincence (Premium or Essential - depends on your needs), and about client is the same story (the client is Anyconnect).

HTH, please rate.

Hello thanks for your reply.

I just need a CICSO vpn client for Windows. And I dont have a supplier as I purchased the ASA from a shop! 

The CISCO download website will not allow me to download the vpn client! What do I need to do?

Do I need a special account to be able to download this client from CISCO? How do I get this?

It's becoming very frustrating!

thanks