cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 firmware

tvavra
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 3 ASA5505s with firmware version 8.2(3) and ASDM version 6.3(4)53.  I have a bonded T1 in location and single T1s in the other two locations.  I am running L2L tunnels between the three sites and I have been experiencing tunnel drops without reconnection.  After over a week of 5 different Tier 3 Cisco engineers, I am still dropping but I am getting the tunnels back after about 5 minutes.  This is apparently happening during the rekey process.  We have tried everything including disconnecting one of the T1s in our home office location.  I am a wits end and need some additional advice.  I have read that the 8.0 version of the firmware was not as buggy as the 8.2.  Has anyone tried rolling back the firmware?  I also heard that there is an 8.3 version but it requires additional memory and has major changes to NAT.  I am on the brink of tossing the darn products and starting again from scratch.

Suggestions?

1 Reply 1

Tim,

I would not normally downgrade the image to 8.0 if you're already on 8.2(3).(however you definitely can).

Why don't go to 8.3.x?

The issue with this is that the Firewall requires more memory and there are major configuration changes related to NAT and objects.

Check out the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa83/release/notes/asarn83.html

Federico.