Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Tunnel vpn

Buss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need help to configure an  ASA 5505 on my network.

my inside VLAN has to be a class C IP(192.168.1.1) connected to a router. Then my VLAN outside has to be a class B IP(140.55.0.1) connected to a server.

it doesn't work at all.

I have an issue with the DHCP pool. 

thank you.

2 Replies 2

share you configuration and be more clear what actually you want us to help you. what is the ASA version you on?

please do not forget to rate.

brianjoekelley
Level 1
Level 1

I am assuming that the host on the class B acts like an outsider and is where you want run Anyconnect or clientless vpn to establish a vpn tunnel into the Class C, 192.168.1 network.

In addition to what the first responder recommended, I recommend watching Don Crawley's SoundTraining.Net series on the ASA 5505 on YouTube. There are several great videos. I believe he has a video on setting up VPN.  Use the wizard in ASDM at first.

Maybe things will come into more focus after that. If you respond back to the first responder's suggestion, maybe I'll have more specific ideas. I setup an ssl and ipsec VPN into my home office, it grabbed DHCP and assigned an inside subnet address to the outside host.  I backed up my laptop using Bacula client, to my inside Bacula CentOS server, and I did from Costa Rica all over my vpn.

-BK