cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asa 5505 upraded vpn license but limit still stopping users over 10 from logging in

Hulafish
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had to upgrade the VPN license to get an asa 5505 up and running for more people in an office.  The new license appears to be in place, and I have reloaded from ASDM via tool > System reload after the license was put in place but we still hit the limit.  We are using IPSEC from both macs and pcs, but can't get over 10 on at once.  Am I missing something?  I have already checked in ASDM and the max VPN in Config > Remote access VPN > Advanced > MAX VPN SESSIONS is set to 25.  Very confused.  Here is the output from show version for the licenses.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8 perpetual
VLANs : 20 DMZ Unrestricted
Dual ISPs : Enabled perpetual
VLAN Trunk Ports : 8 perpetual
Inside Hosts : Unlimited perpetual
Failover : Active/Standby perpetual
Encryption-DES : Enabled perpetual
Encryption-3DES-AES : Enabled perpetual
AnyConnect Premium Peers : 2 perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials : 25 perpetual
Other VPN Peers : 25 perpetual
Total VPN Peers : 25 perpetual
Shared License : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled perpetual
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled perpetual
Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled perpetual
UC Phone Proxy Sessions : 2 perpetual
Total UC Proxy Sessions : 2 perpetual
Botnet Traffic Filter : Disabled perpetual
Intercompany Media Engine : Disabled perpetual
Cluster : Disabled perpetual

This platform has an ASA 5505 Security Plus license.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hulafish
Level 1
Level 1

Well....I found it haha.  Apparently all I needed to do was to ask and then I would immediately find the issue.  I went to logging and watched as I tried to log in past the limit and found that the issue was the IP address pool for the VPN was too small

Saw an error specifically saying it could not get an IP for the client.  I will leave this here in hopes that someone finds it usefull.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hulafish
Level 1
Level 1

Well....I found it haha.  Apparently all I needed to do was to ask and then I would immediately find the issue.  I went to logging and watched as I tried to log in past the limit and found that the issue was the IP address pool for the VPN was too small

Saw an error specifically saying it could not get an IP for the client.  I will leave this here in hopes that someone finds it usefull.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: