cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 support for Anyconnect

gp1200x
Level 2
Level 2

I see that the latest code for the 5510 is 9.1.5 and they have an end of life on the product. I have 100 Anyconnect premium licenses on a 5510 that I never used. I was in the process of starting to set it up. What are my options now?  Does this mean I will have issues with any newer code like Microsoft 10  and even newer versions of Microsoft 7 IE etc?   Should I forget trying to turn this 5510 into a remote access SSL device?  Thanks

I noticed that I have a 5505 with 25 Anyconnect premium licenses on it (installed by accident by the vendor) but that support does not seem to have EOF on it yet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 5510 with ASA software 9.1(5) is completely capable of supporting AnyConnect (Essentials- or Premium-based) full-tunnel remote access SSL VPN for users on most modern OS platforms. It's more the AnyConnect client software itself (vs. the ASA headend) that sometimes needs to be updated accommodate the newer OS compatibility issues.

Also, with AnyConnect Premium you can setup clientless mode SSL VPN and end users simply browse to the ASA and interact with the remote resources via a portal served up in the browser.

The 5505 is not quite End-of-Sales yet (the other original 5500 series have been since Fall 2013); but we expect a replacement platform out soon. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 5510 with ASA software 9.1(5) is completely capable of supporting AnyConnect (Essentials- or Premium-based) full-tunnel remote access SSL VPN for users on most modern OS platforms. It's more the AnyConnect client software itself (vs. the ASA headend) that sometimes needs to be updated accommodate the newer OS compatibility issues.

Also, with AnyConnect Premium you can setup clientless mode SSL VPN and end users simply browse to the ASA and interact with the remote resources via a portal served up in the browser.

The 5505 is not quite End-of-Sales yet (the other original 5500 series have been since Fall 2013); but we expect a replacement platform out soon.