cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 - WebVPN - Port Forwarding

animedreamer
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the port forwarding feature of the Cisco ASA5510 WebVPN to permit RDP access into the network.  It seems to be working fine for one small annoynace.  Whenever I click the "Start Applications" button on the web portal, I receive a small prompt to install JRE 1.4 (see attached screenshot).  Obviously, this is a bit outdated and I don't want anyone to actually click on this button to perform the install.  With a bit of fiddling, I can eventually bypass all of these prompts to install JRE 1.4 and it works fine anyhow (I am using JRE 1.7). 

Is there any way to have the system bypass this check for the JRE and just attempt to start?  Or can I modify the check so that it will not prompt if newer versions of the JRE are installed?  I'd rather have the onus on myself to ensure the connecting clients have the proper version of Java installed than the user potentially install an older version of the JRE.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hi Vincent,

Why dont you use the RDP plug-in? It is Java based and does allow you to access internal servers with this service enabled.

Remote Access Plugins for Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)-1.1.1

ASA 8.x Import RDP Plug-in for use with WebVPN Configuration Example

HTH.

Portu.

Please rate any helpful posts

Dear mr Javier

can this be done on the asa with 7.2 ios without upgrading to ios 8

i have the RDP plugins

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: