cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5512-X Software Upgrade / CX Module

Kevin Lotko
Level 1
Level 1

Can I upgrade my ASA software on a 5512-X without it having an impact on the CX module? In other words, I don't have to first upgrade the CX module or do anything special to it prior to upgrading the ASA software?

I'm upgrading from 9.1(4) to 9.1.(6).10

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That'd be no problem.

The ASA and the CX module software versions are only very loosely coupled in that some CX versions require a certain ASA version.

As long as your ASA is at or above the minimum for your CX version, you can upgrade the ASA past that at will.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That'd be no problem.

The ASA and the CX module software versions are only very loosely coupled in that some CX versions require a certain ASA version.

As long as your ASA is at or above the minimum for your CX version, you can upgrade the ASA past that at will.

Thank you for clearing that up.. I did a little research and it appears upgrading to 9.1.6.10 warrants a CX upgrade to 9.3.2.1

Caution  For ASA Version 9.3(2), 9.2(3), 9.1(5.21) and later, only ASA CX Version 9.3(2.1) and later is supported. When upgrading your ASA, first upgrade the ASA CX software; otherwise the ASA CX module will become unresponsive.