Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 - SSL VPN (Anyconnect) Licensing

rcoote5902_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

Can someone clarify for me the SSL VPN/AnyConnect licensing for the ASA 5520?  Specifically, the differences between the AnyConnect Essentials and AnyConnect Premium.  Our current licensing looks like this:

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces    : Unlimited
Maximum VLANs                  : 150
Inside Hosts                   : Unlimited
Failover                       : Active/Active
VPN-DES                        : Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES                   : Enabled
Security Contexts              : 2
GTP/GPRS                       : Disabled
SSL VPN Peers                  : 2
Total VPN Peers                : 750
Shared License                 : Disabled
AnyConnect for Mobile          : Disabled
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled
AnyConnect Essentials          : Disabled
Advanced Endpoint Assessment   : Disabled
UC Phone Proxy Sessions        : 2
Total UC Proxy Sessions        : 2
Botnet Traffic Filter          : Disabled

This platform has an ASA 5520 VPN Plus license.

I assume this means we have just the 2 "free trial" SSL VPN licenses, and nothing else.

I'd like to add 25 or perhaps 50 SSL VPN Licenses and be able to use a combination of clientless, thin client and full client AnyConnect groups.  Would the "ASA5500-SSL-25" (or 50) be the correct license I need to purchase?

Thanks,

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The essentials license is per-device and only allows full-tunneling.

If you need aditional features like Secure Desktop, clientless SSL and other optional features like shared licenses, you must go for the Premium License.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/data_sheet_c78-527494_ps10884_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Federico.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

The essentials license is per-device and only allows full-tunneling.

If you need aditional features like Secure Desktop, clientless SSL and other optional features like shared licenses, you must go for the Premium License.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/data_sheet_c78-527494_ps10884_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Federico.

Hi,

Do you know if you can activate CSD Manager and make prelogin asessment (Prelogin policy) if you have Essential license ?

Thanks

Adrian

No, CSD is not supported with AnyConnect Essential license.

thanks

Akhtar Samo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to get Any Connect Premium demo license ? I can only find it for Mobile only.

Regards,

Akhtar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: