cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X Multi context, AnyConnect, and Hostscan

neteng2323
Level 1
Level 1

I'm testing AnyConnect on an ASA 5585-X in multi-context mode. I've got it working, but hostscan isn't supported. However, it still directs you to the Hostscan feature when you're configuring DAPs, but it doesn't exist. If no Hostscan, then no posture assessment, so what's the purpose of DAPs in MC mode, other than use with ACLs? Not sure if Hostscan will be supported in the future, but it sort of makes DAPs less useful.

Has anyone else experimented with this, or implemented it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

neteng2323
Level 1
Level 1

I got my answer. Cisco is "sunsetting" hostscan, and ISE is the hostscan solution moving forward. So basically if you want to merge your physical ASA environment to virtual, and want to use DAPs in any meaningful way you will need to also implement ISE.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

neteng2323
Level 1
Level 1

I got my answer. Cisco is "sunsetting" hostscan, and ISE is the hostscan solution moving forward. So basically if you want to merge your physical ASA environment to virtual, and want to use DAPs in any meaningful way you will need to also implement ISE.

Well... ****

yeaaaaahhhh.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: