Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 9.7.1 VTI

marcin_ch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there is some more documentation about new feature ASA VTI?

Also the question is : is there is any other dynamic routing possible than BGP ?

Regards

Marcin  

3 Replies 3

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the only documentation that I have seen so far on this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa97/configuration/vpn/asa-97-vpn-config/vpn-vti.html

The page says BGP is supported, but does not mention any other protocol. So I would assume that no other routing protocol is supported yet.

Normal SVI on router supporting all multicast protocols . The question are they supported on ASA or not?

Again, since there is no official documentation regarding other routing protocols, it is assumed that they are not supported. This does not mean that EIGRP or OSPF wont work over VTI, just not tested and validated completely by Cisco in this release. I believe since this is a new feature, they will add in support for other protocols in the future releases. I would recommend opening a TAC case to get this information confirmed.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: