cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Clientless VPN problem with certificates

jlcille
Level 1
Level 1

After I logon in my corporate ASA clienless vpnssl, I launch a bookmark link like this: https://myintranet.com, that uses authentication with personal certificates.

When I try to access my corporate web through the clientless sslvpn, the authentication fails due to no certificate is asked and the web server drops the connection.

When accessing my corporate web directly connected to the intranet, everything is fine.

Is web authentication with certificates through ASA clientless vpnssl possible? If so, how is it done?

Thanks

Jose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA is acting as a protocol break and thus the end user certificate will not be presented to your internal server. I don't think there's any way to work around that with clientless SSL VPN.

Smart tunnels do so for some other applications but I don't tink they are meant for your use case.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA is acting as a protocol break and thus the end user certificate will not be presented to your internal server. I don't think there's any way to work around that with clientless SSL VPN.

Smart tunnels do so for some other applications but I don't tink they are meant for your use case.