cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA for Dummies

davidhuynh5
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone send me a link or technote on configuring a Cisco ASA 55xx? This is my first experience with the device.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

hegegabor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

at the bottom you can find the documentation,

Here you can find all what you need.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gabor

/pls rate/

The Link for "Configuration examples" has further links to a total of one hundred and eighty eight seperate Cisco articles. This volume of reading does not fall into "ASA Anyconnect for Dummies" in my book. Something a little more directed would be appropriate.

For the most basic use case, just launch the ASDM GUI and run the startup wizard.

If you want a book, even the basic ones are pretty lengthy. I recommend "Cisco ASA: All-in-One Next-Generation Firewall, IPS, and VPN Services, Third Edition". The IPS bit is pretty much obsolete but the rest of it is relevant. The more recent Firepower books (such as "Cisco Next-Generation Security Solutions: All-in-one Cisco ASA Firepower Services, NGIPS, and AMP") cover what used to be the IPS bits.

Both of those books are Cisco Press publications and available on Safari Books as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: