cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA in-line VPN? AnyConnect?

Duane Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I have a very unique situation (it seems that way). I have remote branches that connect to the corporate office as a site-to-site VPN. Now the clients at the branch are getting an application that is using an unsecured port (tcp/23). I would like to use a set of ASA 5520's that I have at the corporate office, with the AnyConnect license on them. I want the client machines to establish a tunnel from the client to one of these ASA's. The ASA' then would have a connection to the VLAN that the receiving server is housed on. The trick is to just establish the tunnel from the client to the ASA that will allow the IP of the client to not be translated. So I would use the ASA as a security 'pass-through' for the clients that use this new application.

Is this possible? If so, how? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not quite sure i understand your requirement.

You have a client at the branch that are trying to connect to port 23 at the corporate end server?

But i thought you have site-to-site VPN connection between branch and corporate, wouldn't that already be a secure VPN between the 2 sites?

Not quite sure i understand why you would like to connect using AnyConnect when you already have site-to-site vpn between the 2 sites.