Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA License for AnyConnect

Hello,

I have an ASA 5525 and I have plan to run SSL AnyConnect VPN and IPSec VPN, I think the license that already has been installed on this ASA doesn't support AnyConnect VPNs. I attached the screen shot of license Details.

Please let me know to what type of license I have to upgrade if I need.

Thank You

A. ladani

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ccsipaul01
Level 1
Level 1

AliYashar

The 5525 platform supports 750 VPN connections, which you can see by the snapshot.

The 750 are IPSec VPN connections.

All ASAs come with 2 SSL VPN Premium licenses (SSL client and clientless).

Your option is to go with AnyConnect Essentials (client only) or AnyConnect Premium (client and clientless).

Only 1 of the 2 may be active on the ASA.

I hope this helps.

Paul

View solution in original post

Hi AliYashar.

Glad that you found the licensing link and options.

Aside from AnyConnect Essentials or Premium (which both include Windows, Mac, Linux) you have the mobile license, a 1 time license for mobile devices, and other licenses for VPN phones, Phone proxy, etc.

Sounds you like you either need Essentials or Premium. The others are optional for additional devices.

Have a good one!

Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ccsipaul01
Level 1
Level 1

AliYashar

The 5525 platform supports 750 VPN connections, which you can see by the snapshot.

The 750 are IPSec VPN connections.

All ASAs come with 2 SSL VPN Premium licenses (SSL client and clientless).

Your option is to go with AnyConnect Essentials (client only) or AnyConnect Premium (client and clientless).

Only 1 of the 2 may be active on the ASA.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Paul

Thank you for replying.

I'm new with ASA :). As you see in screen shot all AnyConnect options (mobile,Cisco VPN Phone,...) are disabled.The VPN Services I need would be serve to Windows,Linux,IOS,Android users (I have bought Essential SSL Cert) through an AnyConnect software or Application.

but I confused, about the ASA with the License I've got. I need to make sure whether the license that came with this ASA supports vpn services I mentioned in above or no ? if its no, what license I have to upgrade to be suitable ?

sorry because of my bad engilish

Thank You

AliYashar

Paul,
I found more details about ASA Licensing on http://www.tunnelsup.com/cisco-asa-licensing-quick-reference-guide/

Thank you for your replying, it was so helpful.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi AliYashar.

Glad that you found the licensing link and options.

Aside from AnyConnect Essentials or Premium (which both include Windows, Mac, Linux) you have the mobile license, a 1 time license for mobile devices, and other licenses for VPN phones, Phone proxy, etc.

Sounds you like you either need Essentials or Premium. The others are optional for additional devices.

Have a good one!

Paul

Hi Paul,

Seems i have to switch from ASA premium license to essential, because the premium license is limited by users. there are many clients would connect to ASA through AnyConnect application or software and i need to use a share SSL license; so if i switch from premium license mode to essential i can use one SSL Essential License for many AnyConnect Clients.

Am I right?

Hi AliYashar

Essentials and Premium work the same way, it is concurrent users.

Only difference is functionality. Premium is client and clientless (host scan, secure desktop, etc) and Essentials is client only.

Number of SSL licenses would determine how many concurrent connections the ASA would allow.

Making sense?

Paul

Dear Paul,

http://www.tunnelsup.com/understanding-cisco-asa-anyconnect-licensing
In the above link is written in premium we must buy license for specific numbers of users , but in essential it's not mentioned.

Im confusing between ASA License and AnyConnect License.
Type of these two depend to each other ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: