Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA: Smart Tunnel and proxy problem

varazir42
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I are having problem that some of my external users that has a proxy setup on theres end can't use the smart tunnel.

They get proxy warning when they click on a bookmark.

If I skipp using Smart tunnel the user can't start the citrix app, get corrupted ica file.

Is it a common problem if so is there a soultion ?

KR

Daniel

1 Reply 1

npokhriy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

"Smart tunnel supports only proxies placed between computers running Microsoft Windows and the security appliance. Smart tunnel uses the Internet Explorer configuration (that is, the one intended for system-wide use in Windows). If the remote computer requires a proxy server to reach the ASA,

the URL of the terminating end of the connection must be in the list of URLs excluded from proxy services

. If the proxy configuration specifies that traffic destined for the ASA goes through a proxy, all smart tunnel traffic goes through the proxy."

You can get more information from following link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa84/configuration/guide/vpn_clientless_ssl.html#wp1321610

HTH!!

Regards,

Naresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: