cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA SSL VPN Smart Tunnel Support with IE11 EoL

rbeal
Level 1
Level 1

From June 2022 IE11 will be end of support from Microsoft. The IE11 browser seems to be the only client which will support Smart Tunnels (specifically the RDP applet), it seems that Chrome and Firefox removed plugin support some time ago.

• Chrome 45, Firefox 52.0, Safari 12.0 and later do not support plugins, Native Apps (for example Citrix Receiver, MS Office apps, and so on), and Java.

Does anyone know of a solution whilst still using SSL VPN rather than Anyconnect, using a different browser or installing the RDP java applet in a way that it can be used in one of the mainstream browsers without the need to run a plugin.

4 Replies 4

what version of the ASA you using?

Here is link for the matrix

asa1.PNG

asa2.PNG

please do not forget to rate.

We are running 9.14. Below the Smart tunnel notes there is also 

• Chrome 45, Firefox 52.0, Safari 12.0 and later do not support plugins, Native Apps (for example Citrix Receiver, MS Office apps, and so on), and Java.

Which effectively eliminates Chrome as version 45 and earlier are discontinued and Firefox 52 and earlier are not current and these do not support java. So its only IE11 on windows supported and Microsoft will remove support for this in June 2022.

I think you are hitting the wall at some point. Just looking at the release notes cisco stop support the With ASA version 9.17, Clientless SSL VPN is deprecated and has been removed. I know you are using version 9.14. there is a support but the other top rank browsers are stop the support.

I

please do not forget to rate.

Why did Cisco remove the SSL clientless option from ASA 9.17 and higher? What's the problem with it? If I still want to use browser-based SSL clientless access with SSH and VNC plugins, and I don't want to use the AnyConnect secure client, what are my options?

Capture.PNG