Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Subinterface management Access

vipinrajrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to configure a inside subinterface only for management purpose (Telnet/SSH)???? Also i need to access the ASA using this subinterface through VPN... Could anyone tell me aht is the procedure for this???

Regards,

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin
2 Replies 2

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

In answer to ts it possible to configure a inside subinterface only for management purposes. Here is an example:

hostname(config)# interface gigabitethernet0/2.1

hostname(config-subif)# management-only

For VPN access see the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/access_management.html#wp1064497

hostname(config)# management access management_interface

where management_interface specifies the name of the management interface you want to

access when entering the security appliance from another interface.

You can define only one management-access interface.

Please remember to rate all posts that are helpful.

sean_evershed wrote:

Hi,

In answer to ts it possible to configure a inside subinterface only for management purposes. Here is an example:

hostname(config)# interface gigabitethernet0/2.1

hostname(config-subif)# management-only

For VPN access see the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/configuration/guide/access_management.html#wp1064497

hostname(config)# management access management_interface

where management_interface specifies the name of the management interface you want to

access when entering the security appliance from another interface.

Please remember to rate all posts that are helpful.

You can define only one management-access interface.

Hi

when i tried to configure the sub interface it asks for nameif and vlan.... i gave a name for that subinterface... but my doubt is what should i put in the place of vlan-id???

anyone please suggest the right path???

Thanks&Regards

Vipin

Thanks and Regards, Vipin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: