Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN and Windows XP IPSec client

augnevenok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone managed to configure ASA for IPSec/L2TP VPN with pre-shared key and then configure Windows XP VPN client?

I have no questions regarding ASA part but when it comes to XP client I am getting lost.

Do I need to modify registry and configure IPSec policy on XP machine? I followed Microsoft instructions and it didn't work.

Would appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Alex

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The SSL VPN Client downloads a small client to the remote workstation and allows full, secure access to the resources on the internal corporate network. The SVC can be downloaded permanently to the remote station, or it can be removed after the secure session ends.

Clientless SSL VPN can be configured on the Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000 and specific Cisco IOS? routers with Version 12.4(6)T and higher. Clientless SSL VPN access can also be configured on the Cisco ASA at the Command Line Interface (CLI) or with the Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM). The ASDM usage makes configurations more straightforward.

Clientless SSL VPN and ASDM must not be enabled on the same ASA interface. It is possible for the two technologies to coexist on the same interface if changes are made to the port numbers. It is highly recommended that ASDM is enabled on the inside interface, so WebVPN can be enabled on the outside interface.