Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA WebVPN 'Help Customization' not updating

ryan.barker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an ASA clientless VPN (WebVPN) portal set up for a customer and am only using the RDP plug-in.  I would like to reword the RDP help that appears on the RHS of the screen after the user has logged in, as the wording is quite vervbose and mostly doesn't apply to my deployment (I've only supplied bookmarks for the RDP sessions, no browsing or manual entries have been allowed).

I've tried to upload a .htm file to the 'Help Customization' for RDP but after connecting via a WebVPN session the new page just simply does not display, all that I have is the standard out of the box help page.

This seems simple enough and I've followed the steps as in this document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a008094abcb.shtml#helpapps

I've tried numerous files with differing extensions all without any luck.  Is there somehting simple that I'm missing or does this just simply not work?

I've tried on 8.0(4) and 8.4(1) with the same (non) results, anyone ever had any luck with this?

Thanks to all in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Asim Malik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How are you exactly importing it? Which language option are you using? Did you tried "en" ASA is set to "en" by default, for other languages including "us-en"  respective translation table need to be added

Thanks,

Asim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Asim Malik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How are you exactly importing it? Which language option are you using? Did you tried "en" ASA is set to "en" by default, for other languages including "us-en"  respective translation table need to be added

Thanks,

Asim

hahahaha, you're spot on. There isn't a default language value selected so I've been choosing 'en-au' as the deployment is for a Sydney customer, but yes, once 'en' is selcted up comes the proper help customisation file.

Two thumbs up Asim, thanks for the guidance

Great. You are welcome.

Thanks,
Asim