Views
Helpful
Replies

asa5505 dmz connection

gabikazav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  

I have ASA5505 , connected to the WAN on port 0 (called Vlan2), and connected to my development LAN on port 7 (Called Vlan1).

I want to add DMZ, and I connected switch and servers to port 3, and called it Vlan3.

this is my settings:

interface Vlan1
 nameif inside
 security-level 100
 ip address x.x.1.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan2
 nameif outside
 security-level 0
 ip address x.x.3.1 255.255.255.240
!
interface Vlan3
 no forward interface Vlan1
 nameif dmz
 security-level 51
 ip address x.x.2.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Ethernet0/0
 switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/3
 switchport access vlan 3
!

also, I added DYNAMIC NAT rule to the DMZ interface , and STATIC POLICY NAT rule so all the HTTP and HTTPS connections to the x.x.3.3 (the Blog external IP address) will forward to x.x.2.3 (Blog internal IP).

I can connect to the web site outside the world, but i cannot connect to it from my LAN (Vlan1) - ping or ssh to x.x.2.3 is not available, and also ping or ssh to the Vlan3 interface x.x.3.1 (the ASA ip on Vlan3).

Do you have any idea how can I fix it?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Lee Valentin
Level 1
Level 1

Licensing is your issue.

interface Vlan3
 no forward interface Vlan1

That means no traffic back to VLAN 1.

Get a security plus license.

Good luck

Is there a way to enable communication from VLAN1 to VLAN3 (so Vlan1 will initiate the communication) with specific NAT rules without buying the Plus license? I understood that "no forward int vlan1" is to prevent from Vlan3 to init the connection to Vlan1, no?

Thanks

Lee Valentin
Level 1
Level 1

Even if you initiate the connection from VLAN 1, it will not allow traffic back from VLAN 3

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: