cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 site to site VPN trying to route Internet traffic

jamesmurray30
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, I have a ASA5510 and a ZyWall USG 20W working with a site to site VPN. I have a web filter at the main site with the ASA and want to make the Internet web traffic filter through the web filter. How do I setup up the VPN to for the remote site ton use the main site web filter?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How is the web filter being configured as? Is it in explicit mode or transparent mode?

Depending on the web filter mode, the configuration will be different.

It is a barracuda 410 and all remote site comeback to main but doesn't get filtered.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

can you please share the config of 1 remote and 1 HQ to see what has been configured?

When you say, all remote site traffic come back to main, do you mean within the remote crypto ACL, you have configured source: remote LAN and destination: any?

Also, how is the web traffic being routed towards the barracuda? what i mean is how do you force the web traffic to be routed towards the barracuda? i assume that you have to design the routing so all the remote site route the web traffic towards the barracuda, otherwise, if the remote web traffic does not get to the barracuda then it will not get filtered.

A topology diagram as well as whether barracuda is in explicit proxy or transparent proxy mode will help.

Jody Osbon
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get the Barracuda working with the ASA5510? I am having the exact issue.