Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510/SSG520 VPN Phase1 renegotiation problem

martinmadsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have a problem with multiple VPN tunnels that I cannot figure out.

I have a IPSEC site-to-site vpn between a Cisco ASA5510 and a Juniper SSG520.

The VPN is up and running as expected exept when Phase 1 needs to be renegotiated.

When that happends (Every 24 hour) the Citrix clients looses connection to the Citrix server and the Outlook clients are reporting "Offline"

I have setup some ping jobs that shows that only 1 packet is lost during the Phase 1 renegotiation.

The users can connect to the servers afterwards without any problems but they are anoyed by this.

I have updated both firewalls to the newest firmware release without any luck.

Anyone have a clue as to how to get this fixed.

Before we changed to the ASA5510 we were using a Watchguard X700 firewall and what didn't have this problem.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Best Ragards

Martin

2 Replies 2

rizwanr74
Level 7
Level 7

Hey

by default phase one is valid for 24hrs.

Check when tunnel comes up which particular phase-one parameters are exchange and create a deplicate of that particular policy with a lifetime value of zero and same policy must exists on other side of the tunnel.

Try if that helps.

thanks

Thanks for your answer. I believe it isn't possible to create a Phase 1 that is unlimited in time and amount of data. At least ASDM tells me this isn't possible, I guess this is a safety precaution.

Anyway if I need to do some debugging on the ASA, what elements should I enable debugging on?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: