cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASAv in AWS keeps losing connectivity

Vin Daniell
Level 1
Level 1

I have built an ASAv in AWS and I keep losing connectivity. It is built per this document: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa96/asav/quick-start-book/asav-96-qsg/asav-aws.html

It loses connectivity to the management interface first. Then it loses connectivity to the Outside interface. You must restart the EC2 instance to restore connectivity. I have deleted it (meaning: the EC2, Security Groups, Interfaces) and rebuilt a few times to no avail. I have verified that source/dest check is disabled on all interfaces.

Anybody got any ideas? 

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can you verify if the ASAv  gets sufficient resources in the AWS-cloud (CPU , memory, disk-performance) ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Vin Daniell
Level 1
Level 1

Monitoring shows very little usage. See attachment. 

I noticed this happens when using ASDM. I have restarted the instance and used only CLI since. It has been stable over an hour and I have one Anyconnect VPN connected for that long as well.