cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi - new to PIX and I am just trying to figure out how licensing works. Is it a bin file that is uploaded to the firewall or what?The reason I am asking is that I am contemplating purchasing a used firewall to train on and want to make sure that any...

dj214 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,Can anyone brief me the difference between the fuction of IPSEC and IKE used in pix for configuring VPN.Rgds,Jitesh

Hi,I have in my enterprise two offices which are connected through a tunnel IPSec (VPN) configured with PIX 501 on each site.Now I have to deploy another office andI need of connect it to one of either sites existing.Can I configure on PIX 501 anothe...

lformelli by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had cisco engineer hekp me setup a model 871 for vpn at work, however I am now seeking forum help to setup home computer for vpn.I have downloaded cisco vpn client, followed directions on entry/description/host, it connects.Am I missing something, ...

sailstx11 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm running an IPsec site-to-site VPN between to cisco router (a 1721 and a 857).It works fine with the following access-list in my crypto map:access-list 104 permit ip 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255 172.16.10.0 0.0.0.255But I want to only allow some traffi...

I have a customer who is receiving PPP failure when placing outbound calls through my AS5400. How do I check to see if error correction is turned on?I was able to detect this on the AS5300 but I'm not sure about the 5400 (IOS version 12.3)

Hello,Q. How can I assign Domain Naming System (DNS) and Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS) server IP addresses for PPP connections from ACS using RADIUS?A. You can specify DNS and WINS server IP addresses from the ACS on a per-user basis or for ...

rpaolet by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using ASA as IPSec VPN server. I have two client connected to ASA. But they can not ping each other. I also have vpn3000. If the clients connect to vpn3000, there are no problem , they can ping each other. What can be the problem with ASA config...

dogany by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All,I have 506 e pix at Site.That site is having Adsl router with dynamic IP add provided by ISP for internet access.I want to configure VPN.Pix will be VPN server and remote user will have VPN client software with their laptop/Pc.Now my quest...

I want to set up a VPN from my house to the Office. but I have a dynamic IP at home, but I have a dns name defined as well.. so if we can use that then it should work through IP changes on my side if it ever changes is it possible

Has anyone run into a PIX reporting back a large number of these errors which show up as recv errors in a "sho crypto ipsec sa"?Debug message:IPSEC(cipher_ipsec_request): decap failed for 24.x.x.x -> 64.x.x.x IPSEC(sw_esp_decap): fail antireplay chec...

mcordiez by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello gang, I'm trying to find a way around IOS's default behavior when individual VTY lines are configured with unique passwords. Pretend for the moment that the only way to authenticate a VTY line user is via the line password. If lines 0-3 are g...

olmsteadj by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes