cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

HELP! We have a small (50 node) network. Internet access is thru 1720. We need to implement VPN on existing router. We have the VPN module and feature pack. The answer to my question might be obvious. Question:If the client vpn session terminates at ...

To whom it may concern:Our objective is to connect two offices. One office has a windows 2000 server and 5-6 pc's and the other office has just 3-4 pc's (no server). In order to connect these two, do we first need a dsl line in both places and then a...

rashmijc by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My goal is to access PDM GUI from outside. I'm using VPN client 3.0 and I have configured PIX and VPN client with IKE mode config and Xauth. I did not have problems for permitiing telnet access to PIX from outside, that is easy. But, I can not connec...

I have a question about the universal VPN client. I’ve used the Safenet IRE client in the past to connect to the PIX FW and 1700 series VPN devices. My question is can you change the address range the universal client encrypts data for. You will noti...

mfistler by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Anyone have good suggestions for good cross-platform vendor for VPN client software?I have looked at SafeNet (I believe this is what Cisco is reselling). I have got conflicting information from Cisco and SafeNet's websites concerning platforms suppo...

jkrinn by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As the subject says, I'm working with a Cisco PIX-515 and the new v3.0.2 VPN client. Everything seems to work great, except on the Win98se machine that I'm using for testing, the system continues to use the ISP DNS resolvers instead of the internal ...

mobartz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Morning,We have an established IPSec VPN between a Cisco 2611 and a Cisco 3005 that seems to be working well and nothing out of the ordinary shows up in the logs. However, users on one end of the link seem to lose their drive connections that are map...

Has anyone deployed the 3.x client with certificates and policy files to automate the install process?I'm told by Cisco support that you can't do it with the certs. You could do it in the 1.1 client. I can't believe they would remove this functiona...

pdentico by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We decided to implement cosine vpn for our backbone network.We are a service provider spanning different areas.But we quit this kind of project.Who have the experience of using cosine vpn?The product is IPSX9000 and management tools is Invision SMS? ...

billjchan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have several questions about the VPN client.Once the VPN system is configured, how does a remote user get the security key? Also, how secure is the remote users system? Most of them will be using DSL or cable at home. What's to prevent someone h...

mike-t by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My understanding of IPSEC tunnel establishment is that it is built when a packet mathces the the criteria of the crypto map access list. What if anything would allow the tunnel to drop?

Have three different occurances of the VPN 3000 client being installed on a system running Windows ME (Millenium Edition). On all three machines the client gets to the "Negotiating Security Profiles" dialogue box and gets no further.The third machin...

achuyck by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes