cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best practices for RDP between 2 Windows 10 laptops on the corporate VPN (AnyConnect)

pauljdunn
Level 1
Level 1

With the current Corvir 19 issue, the agency I work for has adopted a maximum telework posture. The issue I have now is how do my administrators work on user laptops when both the administrator and the user are using AnyConnect to VNP to the agency network. 

• Is the RDP that comes with Windows 10 secure enough for this?
  • Since the user has to login to their laptop for it to connect to the agency VPN, would RDP from another laptop interrupt the connection (i.e. disconnect the user so that the VPN connection to the laptop would no longer be available to the admin)?
  • Are there other products for this function that would be better suited, both to the VPN environment as well as providing more security

Currently our workstations are configured with RDP turned off. Also, I have no influence on the VPN choices that the agency makes, so all solutions need to be on the client side.

Thanks for any ideas or assistance you can provide.

1 Reply 1

• Is the RDP that comes with Windows 10 secure enough for this?

RDP is run on tcp protocol and its not secure protocol. in order to access the RDP if its configured behind the firewall yes than its safe as firewall is doing/block unauthorized access.

• Since the user has to login to their laptop for it to connect to the agency VPN, would RDP from another laptop interrupt the connection (i.e. disconnect the user so that the VPN connection to the laptop would no longer be available to the admin)?

if user login to their laptop and connect to RDP via anyconnect in that case in order to accommodate other user your server team need to make sure the RDP server itself can handle multiple user connected to this RDP server. 

• Are there other products for this function that would be better suited, both to the VPN environment as well as providing more security

cisco anyconnect is a good choose. you need to let your user get connected to agency network. it fulfil the purpose.

Currently our workstations are configured with RDP turned off. Also, I have no influence on the VPN choices that the agency makes, so all solutions need to be on the client side.

this answer can be so lengthy. all depends what you want and what you want to achieve. in these circumstance when crona virus around you need a simple secure and easy to deploy solution. it also depends how much good skill set you have with security or cisco products. if you can up and run the anyconnect with in a given time it fulfill your purpose. 

please do not forget to rate.