cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anyone explain setting up RV340 VPN - its got me beat!!!

Hi

I am trying to use the RV340 VPN wizard, I have no idea what it is asking for?  Has anyone done this before?  Can anyone share an idiots guide to this?

I got to remote and local networks and guessed my way through that then got to this and basically just gave up what is an ipsec preshared key and where do yo get it?   If there are any other easy ways to set up a VPN please let me know.  I managed to get the no ip VPN working the other night but it keeps failing.  Any and all help more than gratefully received 

VPN Setup Wizard
 Getting Started
 Remote Router Settings
 Local and Remote Networks

Summary

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this guide help you :  (pre-shared key this agreed between you and remote party - can be any thing more secured)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5513-configure-a-site-to-site-virtual-private-network-vpn-connect.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks, the IP addresses do they need to be from the current DHCP pool or outside of the pool?

When I add my DHCP range it gives me a subnet range error???  Any thoughts?

Please correct me here - you want to set up Site to Site tunnel right?  (if not give me what tunnel  you performing ?)

IP address to participate in the tunnel will be the LAN address of both sides. (example from guide) - thinking that there is no overlap bot the sides, this can be any IP address in the Local network.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: