cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i remove AnyConnect licence from ASA 5515-x?

Hello,

like in subject, Can i remove AnyConnect licence from ASA 5515-x and use it on other device?

Our Cisco partner sold for us 3Y AnyConnect licence for ASA that have "Last day of support" at the end of this Year, of course he says that "there will be no problem with moving this licences". ASA 5515-x doesn't support smart licensing (now i know it).

Is there any chance to take it back after device will be replaced and convert them to smart licence and use it in Firepower device?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have a subscription, I assume you bought either AnyConnect PLUS or APEX. Here you do not need to "move" the license. Just go to your licensing portal and generate a new license key for the actual ASA. AnyConnect is licensed per User and not per device. You can activate your license on all your ASAs.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

If you have a subscription, I assume you bought either AnyConnect PLUS or APEX. Here you do not need to "move" the license. Just go to your licensing portal and generate a new license key for the actual ASA. AnyConnect is licensed per User and not per device. You can activate your license on all your ASAs.

Thanks for reply Karsten.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: